Designed to be safe, fast and effective, the Tornado Cable Blowing Machine installs fiber optic cable into pre-installed innerduct or direct buried innerduct. A conversion kit allows the Tornado to place either 12.7, 12/10mm or 10/8mm micro ducts into innerduct as well.
Features & Benefits:
- Comprised of an aluminum air box and cable pusher
- Uses compressed air to install the cable with or without a missile
- In operation, the hydraulically powered, belt drive system controls the fiber optic cable as it is propelled by compressed air through the innerduct
- Electronic monitoring system provides read-outs of speed and distance, helps protect cable against damage, and includes an emergency stop button
- Aiir box and cable pusher are mounted on a lightweight, tubular-steel frame that can be tilted at a 30-degree angle to the manhole, which significantly minimizes any bending of the innerduct and cable
- Frame has retractable handles to permit ease of maneuverability, and adjustable rear legs that provide added stability on uneven terrain
- Unit comes complete with a gasoline engine powered hydraulic power pack.
Pushing Force: 0-220 lbs. (0-100kg)
Pushing Speed: 0-300 ft/min (0-90m/min)
Cable Size: .24-1.34″ (6-34mm) O.D.
Sub – Duct Size: 1/2-2″ SDR (12-63mm) O.D.
Air Hose Bore (min): 1 1/4″ (32mm)
Operating Pressure: 175 psi (12 bar)
Flow: The air supply should be filtered, cooled and dry
For Ducts with an Inner Diameter of: Minimum Flow Acceptable @175 psi (12 bar)
0 up to 1″ (0 up to 25mm) : 150 CFM (4m³/min)
1 up to 1 1/8″ (26 up to 30mm) : 185 CFM (5m³/min)
1 1/8 up to 1 3/8″ (31 up to 35mm) : 250 CFM (7m³/min)
1 3/8 up to 1 5/8″ (36 up to 40mm) : 375 CFM (10m³/min)
1 5/8 up to 1 3/4″ (41 up to 44mm) : 450 CFM (12m³/min)
1 3/4 up to 2″ (44 up to 51mm): 700 CFM 19m³/min
|WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH YOUR TORNADO||WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH YOUR TORNADO PLUS||WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH YOUR TORNADO MAX|
|Tornado Cable Blowing Machine||Tornado Cable Blowing Machine||Tornado Cable Blowing Machine|
|Hydraulic Power Pack||Hydraulic Power Pack||Hydraulic Power Pack|
|1 set of duct clamps for duct size of your choice||3 sets of duct clamps for the most popular duct sizes||All sets of duct clamps for duct sizes available|
|1 set of duct seals for duct size of your choice||3 sets of duct seals for the most popular duct sizes||All sets of duct seals for duct sizes available|
|1 set of Cable Collets and Guides for cable size of your choice||3 sets of Cable Collets and Guides of the most popular cable sizes||All sets of Cable Collets and Guides for cable sizes available|
|1 set of Cable Seals||6 set of Cable Seals||All sets of Cable Seals|
|1 cable seal plug||6 cable seal plugs||All cable seal plugs|
Click here to view a full comparison of GMP Tornado Blowing Machine Kits.
If you’re looking to install fiber optic cable into pre-installed innerduct or direct buried innerduct, then the Tornado is for you. To learn more about this safe, effective, and fast machine you can check out our website or contact us here.
Continue to stay up-to-date on all our product announcements and industry news by subscribing to our newsletter and following us on social media!